AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 identical Samsung UN46D8000 TVs set up. One is going to be for watching tv and the other a PC monitor. Problem is this, one remote controls both TVs and I need them to be controlled separately. How can this be done. I have the Harmony 1100 w/ RF extender. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Attach an emitter to at least one of the TVs. Then assign one of the TV devices to only that emitter's port. If you don't have one of the IR emitter covers then just use black electrical tape to prevent any IR from bleeding through. You could also use an emitter for each TV, but I assume your emitter cable wouldn't reach both.

More info in my FAQ sticky .

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/20887168

Attach an emitter to at least one of the TVs. Then assign one of the TV devices to only that emitter's port. If you don't have one of the IR emitter covers then just use black electrical tape to prevent any IR from bleeding through. You could also use an emitter for each TV, but I assume your emitter cable wouldn't reach both.

More info in my FAQ sticky .

The TVs are gonna be approx 12 feet away from the AVR/BD player, in which i NEED those to run off RF. Since I prolly have to mount the RF extender near those pieces of equipment, is there any other way I can assign diff IR codes to just the TV's w/out using RF for them?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/20888408

All you need is to run a single IR emitter from the RF extender to one TV. You can increase the length of the cable by using CAT5 cable to help you reach one of the TVs.

I'm guessing the IR receiver is on the bottom right of these TVs. These TV's are for the CEO of our company and I was hoping for the cleanest look possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.