AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the HD200 hooked upto a Pioneer 533 hdtv thru rgb. This is much better than the component inputs, but can only output 1080i thru this input.

The problems:

1. the on screen display is shifted to the right and can't be adjusted.

2. Really annoying: the onscreen menu/guide very often flicks to two pages down when the button was only hit once. This also happens to ind. channel changes...it goes two channels instead of one with one click of the button. So I'm constantly having to backtrack.

3. It's rebooted once with all custom channels lost, after accidently hitting the on/off button twice instead of once when turning it on. Rebooted.

4. Lastly, the remote reception sucks. Even using my Marantz remote.

Please if I could get some feedback if this if normal issues for this unit, or do I have a defective one I should get replaced thru Sony.

I just need to decide whether to exchange this if necessary, or just return the darned unit to Good Guys and try the Zenith or something else.

Thanks alot for contributing to this thread!

Chris

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Randall.

And I'll guess then by the lack of responses, no one else is having these problems? Well then, back it goes. Sorry the thread wasn't more interesting hehe

·
Registered
331 Posts
Everybody is having remote problems. Your points 2 and 4 speak to that.

We're also having reboot problems. Your point 3 speaks to that. Sony keeps saying "send the unit back", but those who have done so have the same problem with new units. We all think it's a software problem that they can fix with a download.

As for the shifted issue - some folks are reporting similar problems with certain TV's/projectors. I don't own your TV, so I can't help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.