AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was helping a friend connect his new HT system but we ran into problems with the HDMI connection. Here's what he's got (the relevant stuff):

PJ: Panasonic PT-AX100U

Video Source: ATI Video Card X1900 w/ HDMI output (maybe it was the X1600 -- can't remember) from a computer running Windows Media Center. The computer is well equipped with an Intel Core 2 Duo.

Two video units are connected to the graphics card: the projector via HDMI and a widescreen monitor via VGA. The monitor exibits no problems.

When we connect the HDMI cable from the video card to the projector, the image shows up briefly then goes blank....then shows up...then goes blank...etc. The appears appears for about 1 second then disappears for about 1 second, continuously. What's wierd is that the same happens on the computer monitor, too (it's connected via VGA) only when the HDMI is connected to the projector. Otherwise the monitor works fine.

Other things I noticed are that the computer processing spikes during this on/off process. At this point we have only tried to view the Windows desktop....no movies yet.

I'm perplexed. I've never seen something like this before. Any of you have suggestions? Have you seen this phenomenon before?

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
yes sounds like ATI driver issues. Make sure that the settings aren't set to clone mode, make sure that the resolution that is set for the desktop is 1280 x 720, my guess is that the rez you have set is 1680 x 1050 for the other monitor.

That or just try disconnecting the second monitor all together.

- Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.