AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get create a multi-zone sound server with WinAmp. I created 2 separate directories and put copies of WinAmp in each. I have a M-Audio Audiophile 2496

I set one of the instances to use the Wavout S/PDIF and the other to use the Wavout 1/2 Delta AP. I have verified that both WinAmps are outputting sound to my amp, and using the Patchbay/Router can have different music in different zones or the same song in each zone.

But I have two problems (I have same problems with both .APE and .WAV files).

1. When either instance of WinAmp reaches the end of a song, there is an audible pause in the other instance while the new song starts playing.

2. Terminating either instance of WinAmp, causes me to lose sound from the other instance until I stop and start the song again.

Has anybody else had these problems.

I have no plugins except the Monkey's Audio Player v3.80, Nullsoft Waveform decoder v2.0a and the Nullsoft waveOut plugin v2.3.

David

·
Registered
144 Posts
David,

I haven't tried multi-zone audio with winamp, but I do run lots of instances of it. I do it by going into the options->Preferences, clicking on the Options root menu and selecing "Allow multiple instances". I'm not sure if each new winamp window that comes up when you run it from then on is able to play on different outputs on the card you mention, but I run 6 in parallel shoutcasting to multiple DNAS servers running on the same system and that seems to work... Give it a try.

-rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.