AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an outdoor antenna at my home to recieve Over the air HDTV programming. As I was locating the correct direction the antenna should point I had the TV hooked to the antenna to read signal levels via a cable feed through the window. No matter where I pointed it I really received good signals for many channels most in the 60 - 70% range. I then buried the cable and attached it to a 3x4 Eagle Aspen "Mini Max" diplexer. In this way I could use the exsiting wiring in my home without the need to run more cable. When i went back inside and attached diplexers to seperate DIRECTV signal from Antenna signal I can only receive 2 Over the Air channels with reading in the 10 -29% range. All cable I use and in our system is Quad shield Solid copper center RG6. Also it is only going to 3 Tvs all being diplexed. Diplexers are Eagle Aspen D2200. What am I doing wrong??

Is the "mini Max" multiswitch causing the problems?? Is there any way to boost the Over the Air signal even though it is passing through some diplexers anda multiswitch?????

How can I attach a Pre amp successfully??

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
You can use a pre-amp, the power inserter would need to be between the amp and your diplexer though.

You didn't mention if you've upgraded to a 5 LNB dish and MPEG4 HD receivers, if that's the case you can't diplex an OTA feed into the system without some workarounds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is really late in the game on this thread, but I just wanted to say that I just got done with a similar experience with the Eagle Aspen D2200 diplexer..

Hooked my Antenna and Dish up to the EA Diplexer, with a Holland brand diplexer on the receiving end... only got two OTA channels. Was pretty upset at this, as I had just spent 3 hours getting my aerial up and running.

Replaced the EA outside with an extra Holland I had from the Sat install, and poof. I got 21 OTA channels.

I don't know if the mix of EA and Holland cause some sort of impedance oddity on the shared main line in, or if the EAs are just crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts