AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6412 phase III from RCN, and mine is not recording 5.1? I just checked that the show I want to record was 5.1, and it was, I then recorded it, and it is no longer 5.1. I have several different HD showa from several different channels and nothing I recorded is in 5.1.

Also, when I try and fast forward a recording it seems to pause then jump a couple of frames, then pause and jump. This is with the fastest fast foward speed. It really is only slightly faster than just playing at normal speed. Is this normal? I plan on calling RCN, but I have found that in the past, there tech support know less that I do about this sdort of stuff.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
has been discussed many times, however because when i first asked it someone answered for me i will do the same for you:

HDMI is causing the 5.1 errors... it is still recorded in 5.1 but having an HDMI cable attached to the DVR makes you get some sort of dolby pro logic format. the only remedy besides waiting for the new firmware upgrade (12.22) is to use component cables.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.