AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i received an Nex Projector that the display image are very bad, the PJ are an Nec V770+

Looks wrong in the following places

This is an pic of the image (in High Resolution)

http://www.proyectosdiy.com/images/p...luis/badpj.jpg

the error in the botton looks like an rainbow effect with strange lines, and the top one are like an line in blue color

i cant figure whats wrong, dont know if is the lamp of something inside.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The lamp will never give any kind of localized discoloration. Ever!

What the lamp WILL do is burn the polarizers if left on for long periods. Which is the problem you have. The only cure is to replace them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/14177228

The lamp will never give any kind of localized discoloration. Ever!

What the lamp WILL do is burn the polarizers if left on for long periods. Which is the problem you have. The only cure is to replace them.

oh, so just need to replace the polarizers of the LCDs, right?

hope will be easy to do that job :S

and hope i can get some replacements

Btw, the menu say that the lamp are 100%, is that possible? is possible to "reset" that? i purchased the projector from an guy that are new, that just are used a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
You'll have trouble finding someone to sell them to you, and there are more than one in the projector. If you don't have any luck finding them, post back here.

As far as the lamp counter, it can be reset ANYTIME regardless of the lamp. So unless you have been in control of the projector from day one, you can never be sure of the actual hours on the lamp. That lamp could have 1 or 1000 hours on it and you would never know if the counter had been reset.

Now, there is a counter that NEC has that may be useful to you, and that is the Projector Hours used. It is displayed on the same page as the Lamp Hours and it is the total, cumulative time of how long the projector has been used, regardless of how many lamps have been used. That counter cannot be reset unless you're a service tech and know your way into the service menus.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you are right, the problem was the POLARIZER!!!

let me show you

two of the polarizers are bad

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I see that one of them appears to be broken, as well. Please note the slotted "ears" in the corners. This is for alignment adjustment.

Good luck in finding replacements.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i know, that its for aligment, but cant find any replacement

Someone know where can i get the replacement? Will work any of other model?

Regards

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
While there may be a couple of other NEC models that use the same part, parts from other makes will not fit. There is no such thing as universality in projector components.

I can check with NEC next week on cost and availabilty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If have some news just msg me

Btw, can i use any LCD Replacement polarizer ? im ****ed up with the one that have the glass broken, but maybe can be replaced with an glass.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
No, it has to be the one made for that model. They are not universal in their mounting or specifications. The replacement polarizers will a complete unit with the glass and frame.

I have sent an inquiry to NEC for cost and availability. I will let you know when I have news. BTW, you didn't say if all 3 were bad, so I am requesting info for all 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsagaz /forum/post/14187508

If have some news just msg me

Btw, can i use any LCD Replacement polarizer ? im ****ed up with the one that have the glass broken, but maybe can be replaced with an glass.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Okay, I have a response back from NEC. The polarizers are not in stock in the US, they would have to be ordered from Japan and take about 4 weeks. The cost is either $30 or $120 ea, depending on which one. Plus shipping.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry for the delay, i was away (in another country), can you please tellme how can i order it from japan? i really want to fix this projector

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sorry, I can see my reply was not clear. The parts are ordered from NEC here in the states, but as they don't have any on hand in the states, the parts have to come from Japan first before NEC can ship the parts out. All of that to say that it will take some time to get them in.

Now, they are only available to authorized servicers, you can't order them directly. You will have to find someone to order them for you, or you can order through me. Either way, you will need to be specific as to which polarizers are needed.

If you do have me order them, they will need to be pre-paid as they are special order.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dear Sheridan thanks too much for your support, im in Argentina. the 3 polarizers are a little broken, i want to change the three. but if are too expensive i think that will be better just to change 1 or 2. Can you please tellme wich are the prices of each one? so i can check wich to change.

You think that can send it to me directly from Japan to Argentina? so i dont will pay the taxes two times.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
NEC in Japan doesn't ship directly to anyone. They ship to NEC here in the US and then they ship to me. I can't change that. But you're not paying taxes or anything else twice. You are paying for the parts, the cost of shipping and any applicable fees or duties into Argentina.

The Red polarizer is $30, the Blue and Green are $120 each. Plus shipping costs.

PM me with your shipping info so I can see what the shipping cost and fees will come to.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i cant beliave it, how is possible that be too expensive?

ilike 300USD to change the 3 polarizers. How is that possible? if bulb are like 300 and 300 the 3 polarizers, looks like are very very overpiced the spare parts.

I will drop that projector. dont will spend 300USD to fix it

for 600USD ic an purchase a new one

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It's a fact of life. Parts can be expensive. Many times, if you were to add the cost of the individual parts, the total would far exceed what the whole item sold for in the first place. I won't go into the economics of it, just consider the cost of manufacture, cost of warehousing, shipping, etc. This has been proven true in many things, including vehicles.

Since you find the cost prohibitive, I wil not take this any further.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You think that will be better to purchase a new one? if i purchase a new one, i think that will get warranty and all that stuff

1 - 20 of 32 Posts