Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try to make this quick-

I've had a Panny 42" EDTV for about 3 years and just bought a 50PX50 for my living room (and moved the 42 to the bedroom). Bottom line the PQ on the 50 is much worse than the 42! Color definition isn't nearly as strong primarily. (i.e. the colors aren't nearly as bright - and the light in the rooms is comparable I'm not comparing one with the shades down and they face the same direction etc.)

Now one thing that is different (and I'm not sure if this could be the culprit, but this is why I'm asking here) - I have the tilt on the 50" at 15 degrees down because of the room (whereas the tilt on my 42" is 5 degrees down) - Could that ruin the PQ?? Otherwise I have a lemon? Or are the 50's just that worse (in which case I will swap back to a 42)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
18,290 Posts
Are you talking SD PQ or HD PQ? Or both?

Is the new 50" connected the same way the 42" was?

Are you sure you got all the settings right? (light/dark, Vivid/Standard, etc)

The tilt should have no effect on PQ so something else is going on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hooked up EXACTLY the same (literally just unplugged the 42 and plugged the same cables into the 50) and the picture settings are equivalent (interestingly the 50 doesn't offer nearly as much flexability in that department). So thank you for your answer, the tilt was the only thing I was uncertain about. I have a good retailer, I'll ask for a swap out then.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
This certainly doesn't sound right. My new PX500 is brighter, more vibrant, and colors are smoother and more natural than my 1 years old TH-42PD25. Double check everything and if nothing turns up, try an exchange.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95
Try to make this quick-

I've had a Panny 42" EDTV for about 3 years and just bought a 50PX50 for my living room (and moved the 42 to the bedroom). Bottom line the PQ on the 50 is much worse than the 42! Color definition isn't nearly as strong primarily. (i.e. the colors aren't nearly as bright - and the light in the rooms is comparable I'm not comparing one with the shades down and they face the same direction etc.)

Now one thing that is different (and I'm not sure if this could be the culprit, but this is why I'm asking here) - I have the tilt on the 50" at 15 degrees down because of the room (whereas the tilt on my 42" is 5 degrees down) - Could that ruin the PQ?? Otherwise I have a lemon? Or are the 50's just that worse (in which case I will swap back to a 42)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
did you ever figure this out? a 50" panny is my dream set, but if the new ones are weaker than the EDs in PQ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.