Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, can anyone help me?

Yesterday I backed up my new (used) DILA G1000 and then started to make some tweaking for testing purposes. Today I wanted to restore the old settings (8 bar settings, gamma, etc.)

First the DILA showed some red vertical lines in the XGA-picture, then I restarted it: no effect. After that I turned of the power and removed the power-cord, then reloading all available data back ito the pj.

Now it does not start up correctly anymore: Either the picture changes slowly from red to some shades of green or once it restarted with just a white screen...

No menu to start. DILARD can start the pj but after that the pj is not accessable for the program anymore. So I can't backup the red marked topics in the backup wizard anymore.

ANY POSSIBILITY TO COMPLETELY RESET THIS **()[email protected]@@!!! ??

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance!

Jan :confused:

·
Registered
457 Posts
joswig,

Sorry to hear that.:( The D-ILA projectors are really nice.

My first guess would be something in the power supply. Especially, since you can send a command from DILARD and it seems to respond until the power supply is burdened with all the "On state" electronics.

If you disconnect all inputs (including RS232), can you at least get it to behave with the Remote?

Although undervoltage usually isn't a problem with today's switching power supplies, you could try plugging into a different outlet, or test the actual AC voltage at the one you're using.

Tough break. I hope you have some recourse with the seller since this projector is certainly out of warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Jan,

I've seen this "Red Vertical Lines" before!

But does these lines appears with an image or without any signal at all?

The only thing that I can think of is try to swap the "DD Board" in the projector. It is the D-ILA Drive Board.

Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jhill32:

Sounds somehow reasonable, I will try another outlet, maybe it was just plain coincidence that this happend during the restoring progress...

fuzz:

The lines are gone now. It happend to just show white now.

Jan

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
By the way, I've been working with Jan off-line to get his projector happy and smiling again.

I just didn't want to give the impression that I didn't notice this cry for help. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't take a glimpse into my mailbox until 2000 GMT since I am on a business tour...

I am longing to see if milori has some new tips for me to get my DILA running again...

Sorry milori for not mentioning that you indeed very fast answered my cry for help. :( I really was near crying as I longed to get out of office to play around with my brand new toy which happend not to work properly as I mentioned before.

As soon as I am home again I will read my mail and see if something happend. I will also tell you all (even if you don't want to know it :D ) when the problem is fixed (or not).

BTW: The remote works on the pj for following functions:

Zoom in and Out

Focus Up and Down

Power on and Power off

Jan

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

since Mark told me that my backupfile had no areadata and I remember restoring them from exactly that file... it may be, that this is the root of all the trouble I have.

Anyone here with DILARD and a working G10 and a backupfile of this working pj?

I can try to flash the areadata into my DILA and see if it restarts then correctly...

I absoluteley think that I have a plain software-problem and the software is now totally fu**ed. If nothing helps I can try to fix the problem by putting a new EPROM into the pj, but I think since it still responds to DILARD in standby mode I still have a chance to fix the problem by plainly restoring correct data.

Coming to the reason of my post: Could someone who has one backupfile I described earlier PLEASE mail it to me????

My adress is [email protected]

Thank you all for reading my desperate posts ;)

Jan

PS: I don't want to bother Mark (milori) too often with my mails although we still are in contact to fix the DILA.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to get my pj up and running again.

I reloaded defaults for area data and for gamma curve and for the scaling constants.

I wasn't able to load gamma and area settings corectly with DILARD. With the help of JVC service we were able to restore the data.

So now I will start to tweak (c:=

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.