Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody:

Got my Dish 6000 about a month now. After a week two problems arised.

Cannot access dish signal strength sub menu. Everytime I tried the receiver will just hung and has to restart.

No picture after switched back to HD from SD.

Please help, especially with cannot access signal strength, could it be a defective unit? Thanks in advance!

Alex

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Have you tried pulling the smart card and unplugging the unit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should have 752.

If nothing else has worked, try this.

Press:

Menu

System setup

Diagnostics

In Rapid fashion, Press:

Info

Browse

Theme

You will see a screen "memory dump devise status"

Press HD/SD button

Press OK

after dump, pull plug, wait 3 minutes and plug back in.

Make sure that you have unit set to take updates automatically.

Shut down unit to get updates

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
waltbuchholz

We brought back the Avatars with the understanding we ask that you only post a picture of yourself.

Please edit or remove your current picture. Its in the Avatar rules.

Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi:

Thanks for the information, I will try it . I usually left the unit on all the time, that why I did not get the upgrade. How long, usually, do you have to leave the unit off in order to get the upgrade!

Alex:)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Alex,
Quote:
Thanks for the information, I will try it . I usually left the unit on all the time, that why I did not get the upgrade. How long, usually, do you have to leave the unit off in order to get the upgrade!
If you power the receiver off from the front panel and the settings are left at default, you should have the upgrade within about 10-15 minutes.

I would take the advice of the few that said to send it back - Dish will typically send one out for you and have you return the defective unit in the box they provide, complete with shipping labels.

Unless, of course, your location has something to do with you not wanting to call them. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.