Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the usual suspects,

I have the Panasonic TH 42PWD6 with the optional DVI card installed.

I have the SONY HD receiver that is hooked into the DVI card and a separate TIVO directv reciever that I still use for recording non hd shows.

Here is the problem:

Whenever I switch channels from one that I am viewing in HD to a channel that is non HD the TV will switch off.

The reverse of going from non HD to HD does the same thing. (I tend to channel surf during commercials and constantly go from HD to non HD all time but just recently the shutting down of the TV has prevented this.)

Also when I switch inputs from one device to another like from my TIVO receiver to the HD receiver it also shuts down.

Any idea on what is causing this and any corrections I need to make to my set up to prevent this.

IS it the DVI card?

I have to wait about 5 minutes before I can turn the TV back on.

Anyone else having this problem??

Thanks for any input,

Roger

·
Super Moderator
21,461 Posts
sounds to me like the Panasonic Shutdown problem that is a known issue that Panasonic should correct quickly under warranty

search this forum for Panasonic Shutdown issues thread and contact Panasonic

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rogercor:

It does sound like the "shutdown" problem or some close variation of it. When was your Panasonic manufactured and approximately how many viewing hours have you put on it? As you will see after doing a search and reading lots of messages, the current explanation is a bad chip that went into a lot of Panny 6 series ED plasmas manufactured before September 2003. Failure seem to happen anywhere between 300 and 1,300 + hours. Apparently it can be repaired easily and quickly if the service center you deal with is aware of the problem. Information you find here should help you find a service center and get them informed if they claim ignorance. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.