AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run into an interesting problem, lately. I own both a Pioneer Elite DV-C36 and DV-525. I've had the latter for quite some time now, and it's served my well. The 525 has always had a couple movies that I just didn't play well, Gladiator and Forrest Gump. But, all in all, not a bad little player.

I recently upgraded to the dv-c36 and really like the picture it produces but I am having a problem with more and more dvd's. It seems that the newer dvd give both my pioneer dvd players fits. For example, Kate and Leopold Director's Cut, the movie pauses at 39:01, and U-571 pauses at 18:46, these are just 2 of the many movies this is happening with. I have a portable awia player that play these disks fine, but both pioneer players exhibit this problem, at the exact same time. I believe the problem is with layer breaks, but can't be certain. Has anyone else run across problems with Pioneer players?

BTW, I just picked up a Panasonic DVD-CP72S at the local Fry's. MSRP $279, marked at $249, but it was mispriced in the computer at $129, and it had a $30 rebate. So $99+tax, for a $279 dvd changer...not bad. This was at the Fry's Electronics in Arlington, Texas. This player has played all my disks flawlessly to date.

e4b

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.