AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending too much time googling for anyone with this problem, I thought I would ask if anyone else is seeing it or any suggestions on how to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

I have the Pioneer VSX-815 so that I can have 3 component video inputs and only 1 component out to my Plasma TV since I only have one wall cable between the receiver/DVD/etc and the wall mounted TV. I have a Comcast (Motorola) HD DVR/Cable box, a compnent based Sony DVD player and now a new Xbox 360. I havent used the 3rd component jack until now so I hadnt noticed, but it doesnt seem to work right. When I put the 360 into component 3, I noticed the video quality was poor with artifact lines and wavy lines all over. The higher resolution I pushed it to like 1080i, the worse it got, making it nearly unreadable. I tried a bunch of differnt things including changing the DVD and Xbox, but its always component 3 that is the problem. Everything works fine if I push it through Component 2. Thinking it was a hardware failure, I returned it for a replacement, but I get the same exact problem.

Has anyone else seen this type of problem? Any suggestions what to do with it? My 30 days is past for returning it, so I am into warranty repair now (pain in the rear) if it is even a hardware problem, and not working by design.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.