AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted on another thread about the quality of my plasma, I can notice the artifacts alot more, and notice sometimes when watching some hd channels that the image sort of bounces a little bit. So someone told me to post my settings on the cable box, and on the tv as well. so please anyone if I have something set wrong please let me know. plasma is 42 inch samsung model # spp4251

thanks

Adrian

Settings on grey comcast motorola box:

use settings

tv type:16:9

ypbpr output: 1080i

4:3 override: 480i

closed caption : disabled

service selection:

analog: cc1

DIgital: no service

font size: auto

font style: auto

font color: auto

font opacity auto

font edge color and type: auto

background color and opacity: auto

settings" auto

tv settings

source list: component 1

picture settings

dynamic

color tone : normal

size 16:9

dnle: on

my color control:> easy control> custom

detail control:50 pink 50 green 50 blue

setup:

language : english duh

digital nr: on

miscellaneous > melody on

if anyone can help me with the picture that would be great, I jsut want it to look clearer

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'll bet you 10 to 1 it's your signal source.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does that mean check to see if the wires are secure

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone with any helpful info

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does it do that stuff when you're watching DVDs? If not, think about ditching your cable provider and switch to DirecTV.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no it does not do that when I play dvd's, I was saying in the other thread that it looks better when I watch dvd's on the tv then watching hd channels.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh I am in a apartment and they only have a comcast, so I dont know what else I can do.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
???

·
2,431 Posts
Does the Samsung have an orbiter option that shifts the image a few pixels to help prevent burn in?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no it does not have that option I dont think, checked the manual didnt say anything

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check how old the cable is to the apt. Even on STD cable, if the cable is old or weak, the signal will be bad. If the cable is old or brittle, the cable company should replace it at no charge.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sorry to leave you high and dry....I was traveling..... go to Radio Shack and pick up an RF amp. They are relatively inexpensive. Try putting it in line before the input to the cable box. It can do wonders to boost the signal.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
what is an RF amp. please elaborate. can you send a picture from a website so I can see what it is and what it does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you can notice the artifacts alot more because you have a higher resolution tv set now and plus the tv is a decent size set. there is nothing you can do about that to clean the picture up. the only think i can recommend to help clean up the picture is get a good line conditioner. as far as the "bouncing" in the hd cable signal. i dont think there will be any fixing that unless you get directv. cable is garbage. sorry for the bad news but someone had to break it to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
actually one more thing, make sure the sharpness on the plasma set isn't up all the way. people have the idea that the higher the sharpness the better the picture. if the sharpness is set to high it will create distortion. try putting it up at a maximum of 25% of the way.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow thanks guys thats what I am looking for all those great replies. Ok I will try the rf amp for sure, I was also told that using comcast wasnt good and that I should expect all of this stuff happening. Hey joconj what is a line conditioner. I wonder how much that would help! I will also be sure to check the sharpness to make sure it is not high. If there is anything else please be sure to let a noob know.

Thanks

Adrian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.