AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second post concerning loss of sat 119w. Tried everything that I know to do. Changed LBN's, cable, checked multi-switch, realigned the dish, change F terminals on all of the cables, etc.. Nothing seems to work. Had been receiving sat 119w for several months. Signal strength no better than 70 but it was adequate. All of a sudden the 119w signal became weak and disappeared. Also did a hard reset on the DTC-100 but nothing happened. Could it be the DTC-100 itself? I receive sat 101w, getting a signal strength around 91 to 96. Does anyone out there have any similar experience with this problem? If so, I would appreciate assistance..Gaz

------------------

gaz

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Bypass the multiswitch. Take the 119 lead directly into the DTC-100. Do a reset on the DTC-100. Check for ch 400 IN SPANISH, then check your HD channels. This will determine if you line of site has been blocked.

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
David's suggestion is very good. Just use a barrel connector insterad of the switch. (Still keep it as elliptical 2 LNB dish in the setup).

119 is a bear for me. Do a search on 119 in this forum & you'll see good info on troubleshooting. Assuming most leaves are out in your area now.

Tim

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions--especially my Crimson Tide friend, Dave <G>. BTW, what is a barrel connector? Is it simply a connector to join the two cables to the one going into the DTC-100? I'll check with Radio Shack. If this doesn't work, I'm looking at the DTC-100 as the possible problem.

------------------

gaz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.