Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a Replay TV 4508 (80 hr.) and am having problems getting the Replay TV to read my satellite signal correctly. As the RCA DirectTV box (DRD440E) has no serial port, I'm using the IR blaster. The IR blaster will not change the channels on the satellite box, even though it reads that the channel has changed in the ReplayTV Channel Guide. So, when recording shows, ReplayTV only records what was on the channel that was left on last, whether on or off.

Called ReplayTV customer support, everything was hooked up correctly, no idea why not working, etc. They suggested buying an new IR blaster. Did that. Still having the same problem. Also tried all codes for the RCA box listed in the ReplayTV set up, but they do not let us change or sat. TV box either. RCA customer support says should work or buy a new $175 Sat. reciever...

Any suggestions on what could be wrong, or anything else I should try...or should I just return the &$(#@ thing.

Many thanks.

L

·
Registered
443 Posts
Some have reported success with moving the IR "frog" further away or on the shelf pointing up at the receiver eye. Worth a try. This applies if the blaster is working properly. :) Search will get many results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.