AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've received a lot of help from madSkeelz, and would like to thank him for his time.

I'm still having problems with the patch on Mac OS X. My source drive is 30gb, and my target is a Maxtor 80gb. I've disabled automount, and both drives will show up in RTVPatch_OSX. Ironically the program states that my source drive needs to be patched. The stated sizes for each drive is 136gb, which is of course bigger than either drive. Not knowing what else to do, I went ahead with the patch (some people have reported success with incorrect drive sizes). The first partition went smoothly, so I attempted the second partition. It stated that there was about 130gb to transfer. Not surprisingly, it stopped at about 20% completion, with "ERROR: Failed to read block 57998336 from source - copy aborted". The patch appeared to work after that.

Back in my Replay, I had less success. A startup brought me to a frozen screen with the replay logo.

So I tried the patch again, this time without the second partition. I figured that was the problem, because the first partition went smoothly both times.

But no, my Replay was still inoperable. This time, I was brought to the normal startup screen with three options (channel guide, replay guide, and menu). But, the screen was frozen. About a minute later, it shut itself off and performed an automatic restart ("Please wait a few moments").

I tried all jumper settings I could think of. It should be master, correct?

Well, I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted

·
Registered
912 Posts
If the size is being detected as 137GB for all drives, then the binary search algorithm used to find the drive size isn't working properly. Someone else has previously reported this happening. I don't know why this happens, though. Perhaps some programmer with some time and OS/X can track down the source of the problem.

The workaround would be to determine the true size of the drives through some other means (drive specs?), and use the 'f'orce drive size option to enter the true size for the target drive. If you are going to copy the MPEG partition from the source drive you will need to force the size for the source drive as well. If you are not copying the MPEG partition, then it wouldn't be necessary to force the size of the source drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that it was a problem with the second partition...so that's why I tried it again with only the first partition. So I still don't know what the overall problem is.

-Ted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.