AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my harmony remote and the discreet input codes for my Sammy. No matter how I set the sequence of commands, or adjust the speeds of power on delay, inter-key delay, and input delay, I cannot get it to function properly and using the "help" button does not solve the problem.

Here's my deal: I have Component 1, Component 2, DVI and Antenna inputs (as you know, the rest is blocked out when scrolling through inputs).

TV is Component 2, DVD is DVI.

I've tried doing just the straight commands (IR:InputComponent2), but that doesn't work. Also, there's no IR:InputDVI on the drop-down list. So what I've had to do is the following sequence to get to DVI when I'm watching TV:

(1) IR:InputComponent2; (2) IR:TvVideo; (3) IR:InputComponent2; (4) IR:DirectionDown; (5) IR:Select

That works for DVI, but I can't get it to go back to Component 2 when I switch from Play DVD to Watch TV.

Can anyone tell me if they have the harmony working properly when switching between Component 2 (i.e. "Watch TV" activity) and DVI (i.e. "Watch DVD" activity) and back? If so, can you tell me what sequence of IR codes you use so it works correctly every time? I have to use my Sammy remote and manually switch inputs, which sort of defeats the purpose of buying this damned thing in the first place.

Overall, I like the harmony, but its been very buggy for me. Any chance I got a lemon or anything? Like, I've programmed certain buttons to correspond with certain commands on my DBS cable box, and some work, while others don't.

Also - please let me know what time settings work for you.

Thanks!

Jack

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.