AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I absolutely love my Samsung 60in F8500 - but - I'm about to be on my 4th one... Check the pictures I've attached, basically I have screen tearing that occurs when the screen is set to 16:9. This occur regardless of input type or input location (HDMI 1-4).

The first one I bought, I returned and got a new one. The second one was outside a warranty and Samsung repaired it (should have just given me a new one, they replaced everything except the stand and plastic bezel). Nothing has changed the fact that I get this screen tearing. I'm thinking it has to be specific to the 60in or specific to Samsung.

The think that bites is I really love this TV, but it severely pisses me off how much I paid and it's "broke." I've considered going up to the 64 inch, hoping that it doesn't have the same problem ... but again that'd be a shot in the dark... I'm looking for some advice from all the experts out there and maybe some that have the 64 inch - most of what I've researched people mention the problems with the 60 ... But I can't decide if that's because the 64 has sold less so the "problem" is noticed.

The images I've included are from an Xbox game simply because they provided the best contrast to see the issue - it occurs from the satellite tv box as well. IT DOES NOT occur when using the onboard applications (such as netflix, amazon etc).

Anything you can provide, including other TV suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I also have the same problem, though it only happens when I play XBOX 360 or XBOX ONE Games. Everything else is fine including my satellite box. I have the 60" F8500 I purchased it the end of February 2014. If you know of a fix or hear more info about it please let me know

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the same issue only when playing games on my PS4. The fix was to put the aspect ratio to Screen Fit instead of 16:9. Just be aware that pixel orbiter is automatically turned off in Screen Fit mode meaning that you may get slightly more image retention if you are not careful. Therefore, when I watch TV, I put it in 16:9 mode, and for games, I do Screen Fit mode.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I've had this happen when playing xbox games(not all, but some) with game mode activated.

game mode off, is fine

renamed to PC, is fine

anything other than the xbox, is fine.

the only thing you mentioned that i can't verify is the use of 16:9 image size. i ALWAYS use screen fit.

mine is a 64 inch. i somewhat doubt the size matters, as this is clearly a processing issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts