AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all! I just got a brand-new Seleco HT200DM projector four days ago, and it's absolutely wonderful, except for a few minor problems I could use some help getting around.

(1) About half the time, when I turn the projector on (by pressing '2' on the remote to bring it out of standby mode and make it display input #2 which is the S-Video input), the projector only displays static vertical bands of garbage data. The only way for me to get it out of this is to press the standby button on the remote, wait a few minutes for it to cool down enough to turn on again, then press '2' on the remote again and hope it pays attention to the proper input this time. I can't bring up any on-screen menus or text when it's in this garbage-display mode, and nothing seems to work other than power-cycling it.

(2) When the display quickly goes from very dark to very bright -- which happens often when I'm playing a science-fiction DVD, for example -- sometimes the projector draws a few frames starting halfway down the screen, so that for a fraction of a second it looks like a film projector with the film stuck a little bit. This only lasts a quick moment, but it's enough to be jarring and make viewers think the projector is glitchy and cheap (!).

Other times, during a sudden dark-to-light transition, the projector visibly overcompensates and takes a fraction of a second to overbrighten the image before it just-as-quickly brings the brightness level back down again. This too is jarring.

Has anyone else seen either of these problems, or have ideas on how to solve them?

(I believe the projector is running firmware version 1.16DM. What's the latest version of the firmware for the 200DM, and where can I download an upgrade from?)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Brian,

1. The latest software is now 1.17.

2. You should be feeding this projector progressive

component if at all possible.

3. If these start-up problems persist, you should have the

projector serviced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.