AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a line Running Horizontal accross the screen that seems to seperate the top of the screen FRom the bottom. I cannot isolate the problem since I changed proJector, software pLayer and drivers ALL one time. PIII 800 running W98se radeon 64 meg ddr 640meg RAM. I REPLAced Rgb cable. Is it the projector, os, TT, OR video card.

·
Registered
697 Posts
does this line shows even when you not playing dvd.

does it show on all resolutions

if not try diffrent dvd player software,

does it show when you play vob file also.

did you try to turn on pj first. then your pc after.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to own a Faroudja LS-700 xga lcd projector, played dvd's via windvd 2000, using the Radeon 64 meg ddr vivo video card. All around the same time I got TT 1.5, the Panny projector, and upgraded to the latest ATI video drivers. The first time I noticed the problem was with the TT 1.5. My gut tells me that is is the the TT software player, but there are so many people successfully using this player. Does this player use more processing powere than windvd or have a tendancy to exibit the problem I am describing. The line only shows occasionally when playing dvd's. It is almost as if something is not being decoded fast enough. Like a hitch in the decoding that seperates the top and the bottom of the screen. There is no void space just a noticable line allowing me to see a break between the top and bottom of the screen.

I first thought that it was bandwidth related due to the very thin cable provided with the projector. I replaced the cable last night no difference.

I think that I see the same thing when playing windvd 2000 but not as much not exactly sure of that, it is hard to reproduce when the kids are trying to watch their favorite movies. If windvd is exibiting the same problem then I would think that it is probably driver related.

In the TT 1.5 information section the software does not recognize my video card or its driver. It sees my processor, memory, soundcard, but the video card lines are blank. Could this have anything to do with it?

I am probably going to upgrade my video card to either a radeon 7500 or 9000pro. I will probably get the 9000pro, or even a 9500pro if I here some good things about it.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sound like tearing to me. Try setting refresh rate to 60Hz and see if it works better. If it is tearing there is not much you can do to fix it. Tearing is common problem with LCD projectors.

·
Registered
697 Posts
try to correct timing using power strip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.