AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pair of Paradigm Monitor 11 v2 speakers used. I'm very happy with the way they sound but didn't realize they were not shielded until I had them set up and tried to watch my TV. Due to room set up and size, it will be difficult to have the speakers far enough away from the TV. What can I do to take care of this problem?

My TV is in an entertainment center so I thought I could put a piece of steel underneath my TV and to the side that the speaker is causing a problem with. This will help, but I wanted to know if this would have any adverse effect on the speakers? I would think it wouldn't but wanted to make sure. Also, if anyone has different ideas on how to deal with the problem I would like to hear them.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I read somewhere that there were some aftermarket type magnets that can be attached to the back of your drivers to effectively shield them. You would have to unscrew the drivers from the front baffle, attach the magnets and reattach the drivers. A very easy undertaking.

I just can't seem to find the link right now.... I'll keep looking. :(

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I did a google on "bucking magnet" and found some more information. It sounded like it might effect speaker sound :(

If it will change the sound of the speaker, I would rather not use the bucking magnets. Would putting a sheet of steel on the inside of the entertainment center help with out effecting the speaker sound?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.