AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kenwood 5900M claims to support VCD, but I have made several attempts to burn a VCD on my PC and play it with the 5900 with no luck. I am using TMPGEnc to encode the video file to MPEG-1 format and Roxio EZ CD Creator 5's "VCD Creator" to record the disc. I have tried both 650MB and 700MB CDR media. Has anyone had any luck in burning a VCD and playing it on the 5900? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks,

Webb

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Doesn't the 5900M only decode MPEGII?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Funny you should mention -- I just tried playing my Star Wars Trilogy VCD's last weekend and they would not play. I'd get the FBI Warning and then it would just stop; they played fine on my old DVD player.

H

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've made several VCD and SVCD discs using a DVR-3000 CD-R unit and they work fine on the DV-5900M. I've tried several different types of CD-Rs with good luck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a problem with VCD's on my 5700. 95% of them will play, but they all have green bars on the top and bottom of the screen. The bars pixelate..and they come and go. The VCD's were burned using CDRWIN and Nero. They play fine on my PC, and on other DVD players.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Udell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.