AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just tried to visit the SVS site and get this warning from Google.

Warning Below.....

What is the current listing status for svsound.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 9 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-08-09, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-08-09.Malicious software includes 4 exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including civ9.cn/ , bgadf.cn/ , vi2i.cn/ .

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including bgadf.cn/ , civ9.cn/ .

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS20401 (HOSTWAY) .
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, svsound.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

My Avira also blocks it when i try to bypass the Google browser.

It's a bit worrying and i wonder if SVS are aware of the issues as it seems someone has planted something on their site hence the warnings from Google and from Avira.

I wanted to use their contact us form and ask what bypass does on the subsonic filter of their SVS subwoofers.

Managed to get through to a different section of their site and click the contact us form but get this...

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.svsound.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Nothing wrong with my settings so maybe someone can contact SVS and report this problem to them.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Hmmm, I seem to recall they were down for a day and a half not long ago clearing up a server that had been attacked. Sounds like they might have a recurring problem.

Just tried it and can't connect...they must be aware of it.

·
Banned
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your server is under attack because other sites which are hosted on it have poor security on it then no matter what you do it may well happen again so it might be best finding another host company or getting the host to identify the problem sites and making sure the owners fix the issues so the rest of the server isn't compromised.

I had a problem around December last year on my site but i fixed it pretty quickly and implemented better security measures and i now use this which is great if your site is PHP based and it is more secure than some of those things which they try and sell sites for $1500 or more dollars per year.

https://www.3xlock.com/info.html

The above will work with any website but comes with extra protection to stop PHP based attacks on your site from hackers or BOT's.

In the meantime could you possibly tell me what bypass on the subsonic filter does.

I asked in the official SVS thread but so far no reply which is why i was trying to contact SVS directly. I have been running into a few issues when re-calibrating recently and i just want to try and get things really good again. My post is in the link below.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post16964896

·
Registered
146 Posts
Went to the site to purchase a PB-13 Ultra and was directed by Firefox to not use the site. Definitely makes me worry about giving them my credit card if they cannot manage security on their computer systems. Sounds like a recurring issue. Having managed IT, I know the only way to get rid of something like this is to reinstall EVERYTHING starting with the OS.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I think this is part of an upgrade from firefox. I had to go in and turn off the "tell me when I'm about to visit a suspected attack site" button. Seems like it all happened to everyone at the same time.

EDIT::: Didn't fully read the first posts. I didn't know about the previous attack on their site.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I don't tempt fate, so I won't go to SVSound.com to see if I get hit. You can send an email with your question and a copy of your Google findings to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani /forum/post/16971015

You can always use an alternative URL for SVS info: www.svsound.net

the svsound.net address goes to the Philippine SVS website ... but it almost has the same info as svsound.com (except it's amateur looking and you can't order there
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/16978728

I don't tempt fate, so I won't go to SVSound.com to see if I get hit. You can send an email with your question and a copy of your Google findings to [email protected]

+1. all questions will be answered via email by the guys at svsound.com

but they already know of the website problem and is working to correct it ASAP.

·
Banned
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/16978529

I think this is part of an upgrade from firefox. I had to go in and turn off the "tell me when I'm about to visit a suspected attack site" button. Seems like it all happened to everyone at the same time.

EDIT::: Didn't fully read the first posts. I didn't know about the previous attack on their site.

Even my Avira was giving me warnings. The site had been compromised and even with Internet Explorer 8 you got warnings.

I tried yesterday to use the contact us form on the site and it failed again.

I won't mention site issues again but i wish Jack would respond to my query since he is here and is customer services.

The question is what does bypass do on the subsonic filter switch.

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Sorry about missing that.

The bypass switch bypasses the subsonic/infrasonic filter, taking it out of the signal path. Since this filter in there to protect the driver below tuning, where it's the most vulnerable to overload, it's not advisable to bypass the filter when in ported mode, or to mismatch the port tuning and SS filter setting.

Feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] .

·
Registered
11 Posts
This posting is goinng up shortly after 3:00pm Pacific on Thursday the 13th. While Google search no longer lists the site as being harmful, their webpages are still unaccessable. Googles' response says "Directory Listing Denied, The Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed" Hopefully SVS will scrap either their servers or hosting service, I'm not an IT person, so I can't really say. Best of luck to them....I guess this shows that hacking is a harmful crime which causes significant economic wreckage, often going uncaught or prosecuted. Best of luck to SVS, I'm sure they're burning the midnight oil trying to make right. More coffee, please!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great News! The site is back up and running. Good Work! I had a small issue and Erik
was very helpful and polite, as always, they're the best in customer service!

·
Banned
5,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP /forum/post/17021810

Is it down again?

Site seems to be up in FireFox but when i visit a link i get this.

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.

Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes. Error Occurred While Processing Request File not found: /Products-sub-box.cfm

Resources:
  • Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
  • Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
  • Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 Remote Address Referrer http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subwoofers.htm Date/Time 18-Aug-09 04:14 PM

·
Registered
146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboaudi /forum/post/17022514

ugghhhhh...ive been trying to order a pc12plus for two days now and i cant. i was hoping to have it for the weekend but i guess thats not going to happen...might have to order from someone else

I just ordered and received my PB-13 Ultra. Had the same issue with the site when it first went down and ended up calling them as:

a. The site was down

b. Was nervous about using their site with the virus they apparently had and didn't want to input my credit card info

Would be nice to be able to access the information on the site now that I have my sub.

Having said all this, so far I am VERY happy with my new sub.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts