AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 40S3000 yesterday, and I love it. No clouding, great HD picture and color right out of the box.

But, when I put a DVD(Heat) in, the picture had a heavy blue tint. Tried another DVD and saw the same thing.

I tried to changing the color settings, backlight, hue, R & G, etc. and couldn't get it to change. I'm using a Philips standard DVD player via component cables.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass but why not add a quality HD DVD player to the to the Quality panel. They slashed the prices and they'll upconvert better than any upconvert device or buy a BD/PS3.

Have you tried HDMI? If it lacks HDMI then that baby is perhaps a $39 outdated player. Test for results via HDMI but a weak player is going to provide weak 480i results compared to an HD/BD or at least an Oppo which specialty is strong upconversion but now only slightly lower in price than the HD Players.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a problem. the TV was first priority, and a new player will come. Just wanted to absorb the initial shock of the TV purchase before buying more stuff. I figured if the old one could do a sufficient job, then I was cool with that. I watch more live sports than anything else, so, it's not a huge deal.

That said, does Sony make any upconverting DVD players that are reasonably priced? I'll have to check around I guess.

and, no, the DVD player doesn't have HDMI

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts