AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having problems with my tvs being too dark with the brightness turned up to 3/4 full and the text is wavy.

The whole picture seems weak, like it needs to be amplified.

I have put another sony trinitron on the same signal and it looks great.

Its not the imput, since ive used component, and s video too.

And ive also run into a lot of line noise or interference on the video inputs.

The tv's seem to not be able to display the picture fully.

Has anyone else had picture problems with their 20'' fs100 or 20'' fv300?

I'm very frustrated buying both and having them not right.

If anyone can help me i'd be appreciative.

Thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
bhealy

Welcome to AVS forum. Do you have a DVD player? If so, the first thing you may want to do is invest in a calibration disk like AVIA . Good luck. :)

Rick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definately not the dvd player or the adjustments.

I actually compared two 20'' tvs that i own side by side both of the tv were set to the EXACT same settings down to the mark.

Color, brightness, picture, tint, sharp everything so i could do a apples to apples comparison.

I put in Castaway. It was connected to the bad tv via component cables (AR)

It was connected to the good tv via composite.

And there was clearly a difference between the tv that doesnt display right and the one that does. Same exact settings on both tv's.

The fs100 clearly didnt display it right. I couldnt believe the difference in what i was seeing.. since i had them setup exactly the same way.

If anything the fs100 should have looked better since it was a component picture.

Its like i need a power amplifier attached to the picture tube.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this prob, or did i just have bad luck and got a defective one. ??????????????

I talked to a sales rep for video only and he said that the picture tube in the fv300 model is "100 times" better. I dont know if thats ******** or not, i'm willing to believe he's right.

btw, thanks for your reply

·
Registered
573 Posts
bhealy

Calibrations can be unique to the TV set or DVD player. Many of us have the same TV but use different settings because of different DVD players or room lighting, personal preferences, differences in the TV even though they are the same model, etc. Plus, things change over time. So unless you have calibrated the TV recently, this is still what I would do first. If that doesn't work, then your TV probably needs professional help. One option would be to get ISF calibration and another would be to get a Sony authorized service tech to diagnose and fix the TV. You need to know whether the TV is fixable or you have a lemon or it just croaked or whatever. You also need to decide how much $ to put into a 20" TV before you give up and buy a new TV. Good luck. :)

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.