AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of going to an AVP2 instead of my Theta 2 because I have decided I have gone as high as I will on that piece, and have a unique way to come out well on this.

The reason I am attracted to Proceed is the 1st one was well built, and I noticed that where with the Theta I have to buy an extreme dac for 4k to get to really good music dacs, that with an AVP 2 I would get the Levinson Reference 40 dacs on the front 2 channels standard. I am only interested in 2 channel music, and I can't imagine the Extreme DAC with the Theta 2 running it, is much better if at all than the Levinson dac.

For anyone that has this piece, can you chime in on how well it does taking your CD player or transport and using the AVP's dacs?

I was also planning on moving from my KAV Krell to the HPA 3 but when I finally got me Krell sold, the 3 HPA"s I was looking at were all gone. I was doing this just to match gains, as the Amps I know are likes, in fact I chose the Krell over it when I bought, but I can do it for even, and I like matching when I can. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
As for dacs, it depends upon execution so just because the AVP2 has the same dacs as the 40 may not say that much.

Unless you have money to burn, keep the Theta. The AVP2 with all of the add ons isn't cheap and may not sound better. If you can find an AVP2, you should listen first.

Remember that Proceed is being absorbed by Mark Levinson, which may or may not be significant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.