AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need insight regarding which of these two transports I should sell. The Proceed also reads DVDs, though, for me, that is irrelevant. The original price of the Proceed was $5,995; prices on eBay recently ranged from $800 to $1,300. The Wadia 8 originally cost me $3,450; recent eBay prices ranged from $625 to $850. I also have a Theta Compli transport, which I use for multi-channel CD playback, and an OPPO 93.

Both the Proceed and the Wadia are pristine and in perfect working condition. Earlier this year, I spent $800 returning the Proceed to its original specs.

I use two digital decoders. My Theta Casablanca IIIHD connects with the Wadia 8 via AES/EBU and the Proceed PMDT via BNC. The Wadia also connects to a fully-upgraded Wadia DDC 2000 via digital coax and then via RCA to the Theta Casablanca IIIHD. All the connects are via higher-end Kimber Kable cables.

Every combination sounds different -- and terrific. The all-Wadia is like listening to a tube-based system; the Proceed-to-Theta is crystal clear without sounding at all brittle. Wadia 8-to-Theta is somewhere in between.

The simple answer would be to keep both. In reality, though, I rarely listen to CDs anymore, making my four current transports a bit of an overkill.

I have ads readied for each, but, before I "pull the trigger", I'd love to read the opinions of others.

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I can't imagine what possible difference it could make. i recommend you choose the better looking one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts