AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Used to have MC207...strangely just didn't like it as much as a levinson auditioned in my home, so made a switch...

Now have a Mark Levinson no433 amp running 2 Khorns and LaScala II center channel up front (better match than you might think...actually it's AWESOME), and outlaw audio 7200 running my 4 KLF-30 surrounds
(by the way i'm convinced that amp is the best deal on the market hands down given it's price). Anyway, this is all driven by a pioneer elite vsx-47tx. While suitable, I would like to move that upstairs into my office. To fill the void, I'd like to just get a dedicated av pre/pro (I don't use the power amp stage on the elite anyway). Looking for something that will hopefully blow me away HT and audio (SACD, DVD-A, and mostly vinyl). Though I want a good home theater experience, musicality is a MUST. I spend more time on that than movies by far. The Outlaw plays well with just about anything, but the Levinson/Horn combo could be the limiting factor. Any recommendations on something that will integrate well with this setup? I welcome any and all opinions. HDMI inputs not necessesary (i love my analog sound). That doesn't mean HDMI is a disqualifier, however. Budget is flexible...HELP!!

·
Registered
30,632 Posts
If you want the best sound from SACD and DVD-A (as well as newer Bluray audio discs), you will want HDMI. How flexible is your budget?

·
Registered
30,632 Posts
If you restrict yourself to prepros, my suggestions range from the Onkyo 5508/Integra 80.2 below $3K to the ARCAM AV888/Anthem above $3K but none of these will be as transparent for vinyl as a stand-alone analog preamp with a good phono stage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts