AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in another one of my threads, I was talking about connecting up a Creative Audio Sound Blaster direct to an Emotiva LPA-1. I was then warned about the volume control where I could accidentally turn up the volume too much on the computer and the Emotiva not doing anything about it.

So...is there any type of equipment out there that will take 5 RCA inputs from the Sound Blaster, give 5 outputs to the Emotiva, and in between adjust the volume? Sounds like a pretty basic piece of equipment, I just don't know whether there's anything available like that.

TIA

Christopher

·
Registered
6,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinnydon /forum/post/0

So in another one of my threads, I was talking about connecting up a Creative Audio Sound Blaster direct to an Emotiva LPA-1. I was then warned about the volume control where I could accidentally turn up the volume too much on the computer and the Emotiva not doing anything about it.

So...is there any type of equipment out there that will take 5 RCA inputs from the Sound Blaster, give 5 outputs to the Emotiva, and in between adjust the volume? Sounds like a pretty basic piece of equipment, I just don't know whether there's anything available like that.

TIA

Christopher

Not sure why it would be such a concern to connect the Sound Blaster directly to the amp. More or less, a volume control is a volume control and the amp could care less, nor does it know, if the volume control comes from the computer or a separate preamp/processor/receiver.

What is the other thread? Maybe I'm missing something here...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.