AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any HT processors/receivers that support a group audio delay so that you can synch audio and video timings when using and external video processor. I've done some searching but its like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Any experiences from the group would be really appreciated.

BTW I did find one...the new Rotel RSP-1098 due out in May. -John

·
Registered
92 Posts
So, I think we can sum it up... if you are looking for a parametric equalizer, to listen to "big, heavy, powerful" speakers, and you don't care if the thing can drive all channels... get the DA4ES.

If you are into musicality, actually have speakers you are not ashamed to mention, or hope to be able to drive all channels under demanding loads, get the H/K 8000 (or virtually any other receiver than the DA4ES discussed here).

Now onto more challenging problems... like world hunger.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The above mentioned HK AVR-8000 does not have a group delay. I think the Denon 3803 has the group delay, I am not sure on the Sony 4es.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Page 58 of the manual describes just that as sound delay. You can adjust the sound i.e. slow it down in steps of 5ms from 0 to 200 ms.

Hope that helps, in all other points it is a phantastic receiver as well.

Till

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. Any others? What about any of the B&K units (Ref 50, Ref 30, etc.)??

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Meridian's processors feature a lipsynch option, but they aren't in the same price class as the other candidates you mentioned.

Regards,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.