AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'm a newbie here.

Anyone knows if the Logic-7 on HK AVR354 is the same as the one in Lexicon MC-4? And how is HK AVR354 only used as pre-amp, any reliability issue?

I would like to get the 1080p video upconversion in AVR354 but only the pre-amp is realiable.

pro's and con's?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I use the JBL AV-1 and IMO it is the best digital processor for HT audio around. And Logic 7 on the AV-1 is vastly superior to that on the H/k receivers (I used a AVR520 as a pre/pro for years). If you can get a deal on the AV-1 you should jump on it and get the DVDO Edge (

·
Registered
30,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLA /forum/post/15468030

Anyone knows if the Logic-7 on HK AVR354 is the same as the one in Lexicon MC-4?

The H/K receiver likely has a later version of L7 than the MC-4, but the MC-4 (like all Lex processors) has almost a dozen adjustable parameters to customize the processing to your personal preference; the H/K has no adjustablity for L7.

If you listen to lots of 2-channel sources in surround, then the AV1/MC-4 will give you much more flexibility. If you listen mostly to multi-channel and are one of those 'set it and forget it' types, then the H/K will be a better fit. Consider your listening habits and you'll be able to figure out which unit is a better match to your needs.

One audio feature that may tip the decision in favour of the H/K is that it has a pretty good room correction system.

Sanjay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for answering.

Currently, i have JBL AV-1 for two years now. It produce clear dialogue that easy to understand which i like. I have a bunch of old movie DVDs that were enconded in mono or stereo only. But if 5.1 sound scheme on a DVD disc i would select that instead, always go into DVD setup before watching it.

But you all know that this AV-1(MC-4) processor doesn't have HDMI inputs or Video Conversion like the new HK AVRs(354), and reason i particularly look at HK AVR's because I like Logic 7 processing. Based on SDurani said, HK AVR354 should fit my requirement just fine. But reported reliability issues if HK Receivers worry me.

EDGE DVDO looks like a great product, but it doesn't upconvert to 1080P 120Hz according to its spec.

thanks again.

·
Banned
2,570 Posts

Quote:
The H/K receiver likely has a later version of L7 than the MC-4, but the MC-4 (like all Lex processors) has almost a dozen adjustable parameters to customize the processing to your personal preference; the H/K has no adjustablity for L7.

Ok, I thought that only the MC-12 had that option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts