Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Processor Resolution Issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first post so I'll give you some background info. I'm a crestron programmer for a company out of MD. I have been in the business for about 4 years now. Work for a very high end company. With that stated, heres the issue.

Working with two older Runco CRT projectors. They are both hooked up to an HD splitter which in turn is hooked up to a Snell and Wilcox Interpolator Gold. The interpolator is in turn hooked up to a Lexicon RV-8 receiver where all the audio switching is done.

The customer has decided to add an HD cable box to his existing setup of DVD, DSS, etc. If anyone is familiar with the interpolator, it has 1 VGA input, 2 component inputs, and a couple composites but we're not using those. The DSS runs on a pass-through to the VGA input, the DVD is being switched through the Lexicon in turn outputed to the component input on the interpolator.

Now, if anyone can start seeing the dillema, here it is. I need a 1080i signal to the projector for the HD cable. The cable box has the potential to do 1080i, but neither my receiver nor interpolator have DVI inputs. With that said, also the interpolator does not accept any signal from the cable box but a 480i signal. It's sensitive like that.

Is the correct route to take to get a DVI-VGA converter and run a DVI from the cable box to this converter, then get a VGA switcher and plug both the cable VGA and DSS VGA into this then the interpolator? If that is the case, I need either IR control or RS-232 control over this device as well. Where would I find something like this?

Someone has had to deal with something like this before, its racking my brain!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowne30M3
Processor Resolution Issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . .

Is the correct route to take to get a DVI-VGA converter and run a DVI from the cable box to this converter, then get a VGA switcher and plug both the cable VGA and DSS VGA into this then the interpolator? If that is the case, I need either IR control or RS-232 control over this device as well. Where would I find something like this?

Someone has had to deal with something like this before, its racking my brain!!!
First of all, I am assuming you are talking about using one of the DVI-VGA dongle-type converters. If so, this will only work if you determine that the DVI output is in fact DVI-I. DVI-I carries both digital and analog signals. DVI-I is very rare, though many devices use a DVI-I port on them.

The DVI-I connector has 4 additional pins around the flat blade on the connector.

Here's a link to an AVSForum sponsor that shows the difference:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/D...les.html#DVI-I

Hope this helps

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DVI-D sorry for not mentioning that prior.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
there are DVI-D to VGA converters as well. Maybe have a look at the digitalconnection website and send an email to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.