AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried everything to get my Prodigy flashed AV-710 to output Dolby Digital to my Z-680 in Windows Media Center 2005 (Windows Media Player), I had the same problem with the internal player in Meedio using any dvd decoders.

If I open Windvd or Powerdvd up directly I get a dolby digital stream but not from within MCE 2005. I have tried NVDVD 4, PowerDVD 5, and WinDVD 6 decoders and I have set the output to SPDIF in all cases when possible. The SPDIF setting in WinDVD 6 decoders settings is greyed out.

I am two steps from making this system completly acceptable for primetime HTPC use my system is as follows:

Condor Minicase w/ Intel 865 Chipset

Intel P4 2.4a (Engineering Sample)

2x 512 DDR2700 Corsair Xtreme

Sapphire 9600XT Ultimate (Fanless) Cat 4.10

ATI HDTV Wonder

Hauppauge WinTV USB2

AV-710 flashed to Prodigy running Prodigy Drivers v1.994 beta

Logitech Z-680

Toshiba 32HF73 connect via Pacific Cable DVI

Windows Media Center 2005 w/ NVDVD 4.0.29 DVD Decoder

ATI Remote Wonder

I apreciate any help you can offer.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
What's the point of flashing the prodigy firmware on it? I didn't and I having working bit-perfect digital output and DD/DTS pass-thru.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I initially flashed the AV-710 it was to take advantage of Audiotrak’s superior drivers which included built in bit perfect digital output support (i.e. ASIO, Kernel Streaming). This has become less of an issue recently though. I am most likely going to flash my original Chaintech EEPROM and use the VIA drivers. Which drivers and what version are you running with Windows Media Center 2005?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I'm using WinXP with the 3.10a drivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.