Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I'm currently looking at three tv tuner cards for my PC, which I hopw in the future to turn into a fully featured HTPC and PVR. The cards are...

Leadtek WinfastTV 2000XP Deluxe (www, leadtek.com/multimedia/winfast_tv2000xp_deluxe_1.html )

Pinnacle PVTV Pro (www, pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=103&Langue_ID=10 )

Hauppage WinTV PVR-350 (www, hauppauge.com/html/wintvpvr350_datasheet.htm )

I'm not sure what the difference is between these cards and which yo buy. I gather the Hauppage has an on board, hardware MPEG encorder/decoder, where the other two don't, but I'm not sure whether that is worth the $300 AUD difference in price.

Look forward to any advice you can give me.

Regards,

Michael

PS: Sorry about the commas in the URLS, I haven't made 5 posts yet and the site wouldn't let me post a full URL.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Michael,

Welcome to the forum. I can't give you the answer you seek (I have a Hi-Pix card for ATSC OTA in my HTPC and I'm not familiar with any of these cards), but I would suggest that you post this thread over in the HTPC section of this forum to get the best possible answers. You can also use the search feature to read up what's been posted so far on these cards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.