AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi; I searched the ISF calibrators thread extensively to see if there's any mention of someone who calibrates in this area, and the closest I can find is Portland.

I was wondering if anyone provides service in Eugene/Springfield area, and what is the cost?

I have a Panasonic 50ST60

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
One of the Top Gun Calibrators is based out of Portland, David Evans @ 21st Century Calibrations....

Did you check to see if he will travel to Eugene?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe  /t/1468428/professional-calibrators-in-eugene-or-area#post_23207519

One of the Top Gun Calibrators is based out of Portland, David Evans @ 21st Century Calibrations....

What's his typical session cost?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe  /t/1468428/professional-calibrators-in-eugene-or-area#post_23207519

He will; for anyone else interested he quoted me for 309 for three input devices on my 50ST60, and 150 for travel expenses (100 miles drive).

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan25  /t/1468428/professional-calibrators-in-eugene-or-area/0_100#post_23223310

Interesting. So if you were using an AVR as the hub, would all sources have to still be calibrated or just the out from the AVR?

Calibrating multiple inputs was more essential with analog video, where the actual signal quality could vary from device to device, causing different responses in the display. With HDMI devices, issues where the data coming is different than another device would be due to the device having something wrong in the design, and those often aren't errors you could calibrate around. Exceptions to this would be if you are running a device like the PS3 full range for games and running other devices, like a TV/Satellite box and Blu-ray player, in standard video range. But typically, if you get it right with HDMI, it should be right for everything, otherwise it's the source that is at fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.