AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of building a house and I can choose between having 6" 1/2" Proficient speaker installed or I can pay an extra fee for the same size in a Boston Acoustic speaker. I know nothing about the Proficient speakers other than they are owned by Speakercraft and that they have Kevlar drivers. I'm leaning towards the Boston Acoustics but it is an $80 up charge per speaker sets. Any advice?

·
Registered
20,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138
I'm in the middle of building a house and I can choose between having 6" 1/2" Proficient speaker installed or I can pay an extra fee for the same size in a Boston Acoustic speaker. I know nothing about the Proficient speakers other than they are owned by Speakercraft and that they have Kevlar drivers. I'm leaning towards the Boston Acoustics but it is an $80 up charge per speaker sets. Any advice?
Go to bostonacoustics.com and click on Shop Boston - then click

on refurbish products. Move down and look at their inceiling speakers.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/0

Go to bostonacoustics.com and click on Shop Boston - then click

on refurbish products. Move down and look at their inceiling speakers.

Thanks,I know where to buy them, I just would like to hear some opinions on them.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 /forum/post/19518541

Thanks,I know where to buy them, I just would like to hear some opinions on them.

I have a pair of BA's in-ceilings but I haven't installed them yet. It likely won't be for another 2 weeks either.

There is an add'l 20% off coupon for the refurbs: REFURB20

(I haven't tried the code, so YMMV)

Maybe it will narrow the price gap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts