Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

from what I understand, if i'm using an NRS with a sharp 9000, I should pass it an interlaced signal as opposed to progressive. is this correct? what does an NRS do with a progressive signal?

if my above assumption is correct, do I not have to worry too much about the quality of the DVD player? I want a changer and was leaning toward the Kenwood Sovereign 5700 (5 discs)...but with the NRS would a lower priced Sony or other brand be fine?

thanks in advance,

tony

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tony-

I am using the same setup and faced the same issue.

The NRS will not accept a progressive input through the component jacks. It must be interlaced.

However, I would definitely say that the quality of the DVD player is important. You want a high quality interlaced player instead of having a requirement for a progressive output.

I really did not find a high quality "interlace only" dvd player, so I ended up with a DVD player that is switchable between interlaced and progressive. Your budget and personal opinion will have to determine what player to go with.

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...given the above, what good changers exist? I know the Denon is good but has the chroma bug...the kenwood should be decent too - do these allow switchable progressive/interlaced on the component input? is that a pretty standard feature? any other changers to consider?

thanks,

tony

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I'll second that. I think a high-quality interlaced player with component outputs (Sony 7700?) is the thing to feed the NRS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.