AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the dish 6000 + 8VSB and am receiving local OTA channels from New York. The prog guide just says local prog and does not give any prog information for these channels.

Is there a way to get a prog guide for the local channels. i was under the impression that the local DTV channels transmit their prog information.

Secondly, how do you find out if PBS is about to have a special such as the runaway universe prog that people talk about?

Thanks

------------------

Eram

---------------------

TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish PVR 501, Dish 6000 + 8VSB, A/V Receiver=Marantz SR5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

·
Registered
13,771 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yes, it is in the specs but most (if not all) stations have not gotten that far with their PSIP work yet. Eventually yes, there should be program guides.

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just read on another bulletin board that if you delete all your channels and add them in again (dish 6000 only) you start getting the channel guide for local channels.

I only added digital channels. Maybe if I add in the analog as well, the channel guide will appear.

Anyone else know about this.

Eram

------------------

Eram

---------------------

TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish PVR 501, Dish 6000 + 8VSB, A/V Receiver=Marantz SR5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ensyed, the station has to be broadcasting the program guide before the receiver will pick it up. Keep asking people with DTC-100 (with OFF Air Guides on), Zenith, Samsung or Sony built in turners if they are picking up any OTA guides; these receivers will display any guide info from the station 100% tested. In NY I believe only ABC has the PSIP server installed, maybe Fox. CBS has not installed a PSIP server yet.

It is unclear in the Dish 6000 will decode the guide info from the station.

PSIP Server is a Windows NT device that encodes the guide table in the broadcast.

Lee or Bob, correct me if I am wrong.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
If no where else check your towns or cities local newspapers, they usually carry local stations programming. I have one PBS and one regular one in Allentown, PA which is about 27 miles away. Please don't ask me for a better straight line milage, I'm not a crow as in "how the crow flies". http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Hob for Hobby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.