AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to change from my Replay TV recorder to HD Comcast DVR. One feature that I am going to miss is the 30 second advance to skip thru commercials. Using fast forward takes a lot of skill in my opinion.

I was playing with my Home Theatre Master MX-500 remote and ( I think) I found a way to program it to quick advance. ("4 Fast Forward's", and several .2second "delays", "Pause" and then "Play" )

Using the Macro programing feature, I put in at least a 30 second advance macro. I need to play with it more and make some adjustments tomorrow, but it seems to work. Has anyone here tried doing this with the MX 500 or other remote. I know there is a lot of hacks on the Tivo remote.

Jim

·
Registered
552 Posts
Which model Comcast DVR? If it's Motorola/iGuide there is an actual code that will perform a real 30 second skip. Possibly for other models/software as well. Search in the HDTV recorders section of this site for info on how to program the advanced code into the Comcast remote, which you can then use to teach the MX-500.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.