AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am looking for a dvd player that could be able to be programmed to play a dvd at certain times, say 9am thru 5pm, mon-fri, without any human interaction. if such a thing does not exist (i haven't found any) then i would be in need of a dvd player that has a auto-play function, meaning that if i got a power timer and set it to power on at 9am and power off at 5pm, the dvd player would need to be able to automatically start playing the dvd (which loops) at 9am when the power timer turns on, again without any human interaction.

any help is great appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, thanks for the reply.

unfortunately running off a computer isn't really an option. this is for a art project which would be left in a display room. this is why i need a dvd player that can be turned on and immediately start playing without human interaction. (no one is going to be there everyday to start the dvd). I can get a power timer that automatically turns on and off the dvd player, i'm just looking for a player that will auto play the disc once turned on.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll /forum/post/20826430

http://www.amazon.com/HD2600-Industr.../dp/B003WLOSPM

Cool! while not cheap that sounds like the ticket. BTW I've never seen what the OP wants with a consumer DVD player and I've tried many brands. They all require you to hit ENTER to start things off. I'd also worry about running a standard DVD player continuously but the linked one specifically says it can run 24/7.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
You know, $300 for something that programmable isn't that bad IMO.

Yeah, it's expensive for a DVD player, but it also fills a specific need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.