AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm a new UTV user, recently converted from Dish Network (PVR501 receiver). I now have the RCA UTV unit, and so far, I'm loving it! I also have a 120GB drive on the way from Outpost, and can't wait to upgrade.

I do have one question, about the program guide on UTV. Ok, say you're watching TV, and surfing channels "up" by pressing the CH+ button. The channels will go sequentially up ... 100 to 101, 102 to 103, etc. Now go to the Guide, and press the same CH+ button. All of a sudden your channels are going "down" because of the way the guide is presented.

It would make so much more sense, to me at least, if the guide was presented with the lower numbered channels on the bottom, and higher numbered channels on the top. That way, when you press the CH+ button, you would still be going "up" in channel numbers.

Is there any way to change this in preferences? I know Microsoft isn't developing this product any more, so if it isn't already implemented, there is probably a snowball's chance in hell for it to ever see the light of day... but I really wish there was a way to make this happen.

Anyone?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Youll get used to it anyway. I think all RCA directv receivers are this way, I know my old 420RE was but I soon got used to it. Anything different would feel very foreign to me now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.