AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been using XBMC and it kind of sucks with netflix. The popping into the external browser... the searching function... they just plain stink...

I love Windows Media Center's Netflix plugin... it looks awesome..

In any event im looking for software that does 2 tasks... (paid or free)...

1. Lets me stream videos from external source.. (have a fileserver in a datacenter that i store home movies on etc...) I want to be able to stream those home movies over HTTP or hTTPS like i do in XBMC

2. GOod netflix app..

what software (paid or free) should i be using?

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the videos are in a fileshare dump.. I have a user and pass to access this..

I can then want to stream the movies (.mkv, divx, etc...)

can i not do that on wmc???

on Boxee... how do i do HTTP streaming?

this is a function just like XBMC>. if possible i would LOVE to do this in Wmc7... but if not... then i guesss Boxee ... how?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
assassin 's question:

basically there is a store i have externally on a website..

i want to have a menu itme like "Online Videos"...

then i click on it and it shows the store.. When i click on a movie there it buffers out (5 secs or w.e. it does like on XBMC ) and streams the movie.. As long as the bitrate of the movie is less than Bandwith of the Internet connection then it will stream fine.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambush276 /forum/post/20775788

on Boxee... how do i do HTTP streaming?

Basically you create a .strm file (just a text file) and place the URL in the file. Then put it in a source that Boxee can see and index. It's an ugly way to do this.

Honestly, I think you're looking at WMC for Netflix and XBMC for everything else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.