AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the video inputs on the Panasonic TH-50PHD5UY individually addressable using a remote control device such as the Pronto Pro. I was told by someone that while the inputs are addressable on the Pioneer plasmas, they are NOT on the Panasonics. I was told I would have to toggle through the Inputs to select the one I wanted. This would NOT make for a user-friendly experience.

Is it true?

Separately, I know the TH-50PHHD6UY isn't too far away from shipping. I've read it boasts a 4000:1 (vs. 3000:1) contrast ratio, and the ability to accept Pansonic blades. Are there any other noteworthy differences?

Thanks,

Stephen

·
Registered
884 Posts
There are discrete codes for the various inputs which work on my 37" 5UZ, they may very well work on yours.

I use them in a Pronto NG. I got them as a Pronto .ccf file from remotecentral.com.

Even before I found the discrete codes I used a Macro which did PC, input for S-Video and PC, Input, Input for Component.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's very encouraging. It seems likely that if their are discrete codes for your unit, that I'll be able to control the one I'm contemplating purchasing.

Thanks for the response.

Stephen

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know for certain if the new Panny displays (TH-42PHD6UY/TH-42PX20U) will have the same input limitation (i.e. having to toggle through using the input button)? Given the new slot design, it would seem logical that direct input via the remote should be possible, but it would be great if someone who has one of these could confirm.

If not, has anyone found discrete IR codes that will work?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.