AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a LED sign that is programmable. What I want to do is display the title of the movie that is currently playing in my "lobby" or if no movie is playing, perhaps "hours of operation", sport scores (pulled off the net), etc. RS232 connection is preferred. Everything I have found is either way too expensive or only has "canned" msgs.

thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sams club has an led sign thats pretty cheap. I couldnt find it on their site, but in the store it's about $125 if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
These signs just get better and better while prices for technology continue to fall.

Our "theater" is one component of our bar/game room/theater (it becomes a theater when I turn out the lights).

Several years ago I found two commercial scrolling led signs made by Salescaster that a big company was going to throw away. These oldie signs only have one color - red - but allow for multiple messages to be stored and played at different speeds and etc.

Point is we really enjoy having the signs and if you google around the web I imagine you can find all kinds of options (depending on how much you are willing to spend). If you are one of those with a theater entry and concession stand area you probably can afford a lot more sign than I can

If you go to the Salescaster.com website you will see "top-of-the-line" either off the shelf or something custom designed - the lower end will be a product as found in a store like Sam's Club.

Did you know you can get custom neon signs made to your specifications? We had a couple made for our room and - WOW!

Watch out for signs with VERY low prices as they are often very poorly made "knock offs" from China and the components just won't last long - this is true with led signs and specially true with neon.

GoodLuck

·
Registered
67 Posts
After further review the website I listed does not list any information about the seller. No name, address, phone number, etc. Could mean trouble, maybe not. I don't like it though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts