AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to write a program that accesses a TV database somewhere out there in internet land. Don't know how to do it but that is the easiest problem to overcome.

The real problem is finding a free database. And if not free then one for an a small annual fee. So has this been done by an individual? Does someone know of any database and who to talk to to access it?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDB
I want to write a program that accesses a TV database somewhere out there in internet land. Don't know how to do it but that is the easiest problem to overcome.

The real problem is finding a free database. And if not free then one for an a small annual fee. So has this been done by an individual? Does someone know of any database and who to talk to to access it?
I got access to Zap2it when I bought TVLobby which is part of the Cinemar MainLobby suite. I am not sure if there is free access without buying some product like I did, but you might want to check it out.

Good luck.

Murray

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sign up for Zap2it Labs DataDirect and go to the Forums. You will find the information you need there that will allow you to write an app that will allow you to query their guide database at get up to 13 days of program information.

Access to the guide data is free for non-commercial use. (well at least currently it is)

Quote:
I am not sure if there is free access without buying some product
The "code" required when signing up should be easy to find by searching the Internet.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Moore
Sign up for Zap2it Labs DataDirect and go to the Forums. You will find the information you need there that will allow you to write an app that will allow you to query their guide database at get up to 13 days of program information.

Access to the guide data is free for non-commercial use. (well at least currently it is)

The "code" required when signing up should be easy to find by searching the Internet.
Thank you. Looks like thats the place to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.