AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my heart set on an Arcam AVR-280 as the receiver for my entry level HT, but the only problem is that the one i'm looking at (used) does not include the standard remote control.

Is it possible to buy a universal, say a Logitech Harmony 1100, to substitute this from the start? Or do I need the standard Arcam remote in the first place to set up the system?

Appreciate all the help I can get.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Arcam User Manuals provide the IR codes for all functions. They use the RC5 protocol. See page 28.

UEI remotes can be user programmed to send all of the Arcam signals. For example, a RCA RCRP05B ($20 at Best Buy, and other stores) using setup code Audio 1289 will provide most functions out of the box, but by entering 5 digit EFCs, it can send any signal recognized by the Arcam. Many UEI manufactured remotes can be programmed in this way, including Comcast, and the Atlas series used by many other cable companies. We'll tell you the 5 digit numbers to use if you choose to get (or have) one of these remotes.

The primary disadvantage of such remotes is that the button labels may not be a good match to the tuner and amp functionality, depending on the functions that you normally use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts