AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to program my remote (to adjust the volume of myn receiver as well as TV)

I am using the site http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/manua...?Replay#device which appeaRs to have everything anyone would nned to know

My problem - when I try to do the following "PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE". w

When I hold down "code Set' nothing happens and the double blink never happens. The remote appears to be working normally. I have previously set-up by TV.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Some people have found their remotes LED is inoperative. You may have one of those. When you use the remote the LED should lite any time an infrared signal is sent. If yours doesn't the LED is dead. You can still program the remote just skip that part.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I came across that site when trying to track down similar info, but that only seems to apply to the older-style remotes... has anyone found any info on programming the newer remotes that come with the 4xxx series?

Basically I just want to change the volume buttons to control my receiver and somehow get a button to the turn the receiver on/off.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
The R4k remotes are a completely different beast to the remotes that came with the older RTVs and Showstoppers, there's not much you can do with them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears that my LED is bad since I followed Robman's directions 'blind' (ie with no LED flashes etc) and thing worked as I hoped afterwards. I can down control my receiver volume for all devices - my wife will be happy (as well as the neighbors since they will not get blaster awake late at night as we change inputs and can't find the remote to change the volume.

I'm still trying to 'equalize' the volume between the Replay and regu;lar cable. I can't seem to find the 15-1961 video/enhancer that people recommend for sale on the Radio Shack web site. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
You can replace the red LED with one from Radio Shack, there's nothing special about the LED in the Replay remote that you need to worrry about, so any LED show do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.