AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I made up 2 large black fabric panels (carbonite from Dazian) for the sidewalls of my screen alcove. I've placed a picture in my gallery. I also draped some of the excess fabric over my already black, but shiny speakers. MAN, what a difference that makes! I can hardly wait to get the panels done around the actual screen!

I also tackled more elctrical work and one of the side wall fabric panels that involved a cutout for an outlet. That was a little tricky.

Today I should be ordering the Berklines!!!!

Eric.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Say Eric, how do you like that carbonite? I'm ordering a sample of that today, and am seriously considering doing the exact same thing as you (panel the area around the screen with the carbonite velvet).

I checked out the Berklines this weekend, but couldn't find the Jaymars anywhere. I gotta few calls to make, but I think I'll be ordering the Berklines this week myself. :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The carbonite is FABULOUS! soaks up stray light like a spunge!

Which Berklines were you able to track down? I tried the 099's and 094's while picking out leather, but still haven't seen 090's in person.

Eric.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I found only the 099 and 094s in Latham, as you had. I also haven't found the 090s.

I think I'm just going with a black leather (group 4), as its pretty easy to make almost anything else go with it, and I'm not entirely set with my room. Actually I'm going full black on all walls (black expocloth), with a beige carpet (not my choice). So black berklines will just fit right into the land of dark. :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remember to call AVScience, or leather direct, you'll save a bundle over Raymour and Shenanigans!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just sent the order request for 5 090s. My wife and I decided against the power recline option for fear that it would eventually break, and we wouldn't want anyone to trip on a cord.

We also like to rearrange things from time to time.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Hmm, that's an interesting observation about power recline breaking. I was disappointed to not see the power option at R&F, as I wanted to see how it was different from regular recline.

I don't have the power cord issue, as I almost always seem to have a reason to have a power cable nearby a seat for a laptop or something, so I can get quite creative to ensure cables aren't in walkways, but are still safely located. Besides, I'm mounting aura pro bass shakers on whatever I get, so there will be speaker cables to boot....

I'd love to hear what you and your wife think of them after you get them in... though I think I may be ordering something this week myself. :D

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I'm mainly having an issue with the fact that both my wife and I are fairly short people - 5' 3". The 41" height of Berkline is a tad tall for us, as I fear it may block the surround channels too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.