AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made some progress on the custom settings but the image looks horrible. Maybe some one who understands a little more what these settings mean can help:

HFreq 64000

Width 1400

HSyncTotal 1808

HSyncActive 0112

VSyncTotal 1070

VSynchActive 0003

HSyncPol 0

VerFreq 5993

VidHeight 1050

PreHSync 0048

PostHSync 0248

PreVSync 0001

PostVSync 0016

VSyncPol 0000

Juggling the various Sync values changes the picture I just could not get anything to look good. Just make sure the HSyncTotal = HSynActive + PreHSync + PostHSync + Video Width and the VSyncTotal = VSyncActive + PreVSync + PostVSync + Video Height . Or at least that is what I think. The PowerStrip timings had:

PreHSync 48

PostHSync 128

HSyncActive 112

HSyncTotal1688

PreVSync 1

PostVSync 13

VSyncActive 3

VSync Total 1067

The other numbers are the same. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Hi William, I just tried your settings and get the same thing I get when I use the powerstrip settings (from JVC) that work fine on my HTPC. Your numbers are just a bit off but close.

Anyway, what happens for me after pressing enter, causing the Bravo to use the custom settings, is that the image becomes small, centered in the screen and almost completely blue with a faint hint of the menu visible through it.

If you access the SX21's menu at this point and scroll down to info. you should see that what is beeing sent to the SX21 is 640X480. This is what it reverts to with any settings I try, so the Bravo does not appear to be able to initialize the custom settings properly.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
If anybody gets this working, will it work with a Panamorph or ISCO II with the SX21? That is, can we get the D1 to do the stretching and feed 1400x1050 to the SX21? I'm also getting a 2.35:1 Panamorph, so it would be especially cool if the D1 could somehow be programmed to do the extra stretching for that.

Maybe I can get the D1 to do one vertical stretch and get the SX21 to do another one for the 2.35:1 lens. I'll probably just end up using my PC with TheaterTek for use with this lens, though.

--Darin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.